Wednesday 30 December 2009

Weekend Shenanigans

It is New Years Eve and i'm not sure what I am going to do. I could go through to Chang Hua after work and search out a friends apartment. Or relax. I think it will depend on how the teaching day goes today.

I know that i'm leaving early to catch a bus to Taipei. I'm going to visit my friend Kurt. We've not met for a while and a catch up is in order. Also, i'm meeting my friend Hans. So, fingers crossed I can manage all of that :)

Another reason for getting up at the crack of dawn tomorrow is that I want plenty of time to go around the National Palace Museum. I know what i'm like when I get in a museum...I will need all day to get through it all. A nice surprise when I checked the website to see if it was open on January 1st, is that entry is free because it is a national holiday. The museum is open every day of the year. That is cool!

So I intend to sleep on the bus on the way up (which takes about three hours) and spend most of the day in the museum. I am looking forward to that :D And, in my own company, which i'm also looking forward to :)

The rest of the weekend...nothing is set in stone. So a 'go with the flow' philosophy is in play.

No comments:

Post a Comment