Monday 14 December 2009

Taiwanese Wedding Banquet

I had a night of chilling with my good friends, Gaz, Perry, Renee and Zach, with a couple of drams of whisky on Saturday evening. Sunday, was an early rise to take Perry to the Bus station. Then Zach and I had a wander around, purchased some breakfast and fruit. A nice quiet Sunday morning.

Then I started to get ready, as I had my friend Naomi's wedding banquet to attend. It was amazing! I have included lots of photo's of the food. It only lasted two hours, very quick. I liked that very much.

You witness the exchange of rings. What is interesting is that for the woman the ring is on the right hand, for the man, on the left. The woman puts the ring half way down the mans finger. To do so is to show him disrespect, because you are saying you are the dominant character in the relationship...and that is not the way it is supposed to be.

Me, Minerva, Naomi, Vickie, Bella (friends and co-workers)


Family pictures being taken. Everyone looked so serious. But it is a serious occassion :)


The happy couple go to each table and say thank you (with a toast) for attending. What is interesting is that the table can make any kind of request to the couple and they have to oblige the guests. Apparently, at some weddings, when the elder generations are not there, things can get a bit rowdy. It was all very nice at Naomi's wedding though. There were a couple of times the couple had to kiss...but it made everyone cheer. So that was great!


The first dish was two sushi dishes. I hadn't taken photo's at that point...but when I realised it was a never ending line of tasty food...I had to take pictures.


Fish. In the background is Chicken and Sharkfin soup. The sharkfin is regarded as a delicacy in Chinese food. So at special occassions it calls for something to have some kind of special ingredient.




The long things are prawns in thin noodles. They were delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment