Monday 7 December 2009

Weekend laughs

This past weekend was a great one!

I really needed to feel like I had time off work, and fortunately it did feel like that by Monday morning. I worked late on Saturday, until around 6pm. I then went home to change and headed out to Taichung for a comedy improv by the 'Taichung Improv Group' night hosted at 'The Londoner'. It was great fun. It was sort of like viewing an episode of 'Who's line is it anyway', but it was still great fun! I most definitely needed the laugh. It was also really cheap as well. Which is always awesome!

I spent the night at my friend Renee's, as she live in Taichung. Sunday was spent first by replenishing energy by late breakfast at the 'Early Bird Cafe'. It is a trully great place to get food. Some of it is rather curious to a Brit as it's all in an American style. One example...the meaning of 'French Toast' is completely different. Theirs has lots of sugar and cream. My idea of it involves ketchup! Yum :D

Later on, Renee and I drove through to ChangHua to meet with those who went ahead on the train. We then grabbed a bus to Lugang to do some shopping. It was great, I picked up lots of bits and bobs for my family for Christmas.

Then back to ChangHua to do a bit more shopping then grab food.

Now I just need to make sure I post the package in time to get there for it :D But I still have a couple more things I want to get.

I drive back to Nantou, and this time I managed the direct route! :D So I have successfully located the route home! I always managed the same route to ChangHua but I never did for returning to Nantou. All the signs can be a tad confusing!

Now, back to a busy week. I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'm having friends visit me and I have my good friend Naomi's wedding banquet on Sunday. I'm so looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment