Sunday 27 December 2009

Speech Competition

I had to rise early (6am) on Sunday in order to get into Taichung for 9am. It was the speech competition for my kids. I was so nervous, so I have no idea what it was like for them.

I ended up leaving late (at 7.30) because I kept forgetting things, or thinking I had. I had to return to my apartment because I thought I had left my mobile at home. haha. Once I looked for it, I found it in my bag. Oh well, a classic Gilly Bean moment.

I got the the branch in Taichung and greeted my kids that I saw. I made sure to ask how they were and tell them to have fun.

There were 32 kids in all (11 from my branch) and only 7 were being chosen for the next round. Naomi was there as well (my co-teacher). So we sat together to watch them. They all did really well, but the other kids were also really good.

Though, I was so happy to have 2 of ours selected. There was a third that just missed the selection. So she would have been upset on seeing the scores for the different categories.

They were: content (what they talked about), oral (pronunciation/intonation), physical (gestures).

I was so chuffed that two got through. One boy and one girl. The girl deserved it, she worked really hard from the very start. We knew she would definitely get through. The boy was a brilliant shock! :D

I am so very proud of them!

Moments like that makes me think I have the best job in the world!

Charlies and Julia: Who made it through to the next round.

Charlies


Julia


A group photo of my kids :D
At the back, Elly
Debbie, Jennis, Serena, Julia, Annie, Jenny, Jenny
Charlies, Joey, Louis


No comments:

Post a Comment