Sunday 27 December 2009

Christmas Day

I was so excited the week leading up to Christmas. I listened to Christmas music a lot and had unbelievable sickly Christmas cheer :D

On Christmas I was quite productive. My young Tree House class had a Christmas activity of making stockings (which they had started in the previous lesson) and I had decided to give out gifts. So once upon waking, I cleaned, shopped for prizes for the kids, then did a little more shopping for my secret santa. I also bought fake snow and stencils to decorate some of the glass doors in my apartment...to give it that tacky yet cool Christmas feel :)





I opened my Christmas presents from home when it had gone midnight. It felt right to do so. Even though it wasn't Christmas back home, it was here. I had the Christmas lights on, other lights dimmed. It would have felt quite sad to open them by myself on Christmas morning. It had the right ambiance the night before :)

School went well. It was great fun actually. The kids loved their presents. I also had lots of cookies left over which I took to my next class and threw out randomly when an answer was given :)











Renee, Perry and Zach joined for Christmas. Renee made spaghetti carbonara. Not quite a Christmas meal but it was tasty all the same. We exchanged gifts and relaxed. Unfortunately Zach got some bad news from home. My prayers are with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment