Friday 28 January 2011

Meeting of DOOOM!

I had my meeting with my HRT (home room teacher), the branch manager and my branch supervisor. It went really well, my boss (supervisor) really had my back and raised points I had mentioned in the regular weekly meeting. It was awesome to have back up. I think the meeting went well. I brought up the fact that my HRT makes kids do Chinese work in the time i'm teaching, I didn't make it sound bad (I hope not), and my supervisor made it clear that no Chinese is allowed when i'm teaching. My company is all about English immersion, so the students shouldn't be doing any Chinese work. So, if my HRT does want to punish students i'll need to prepare English work for her to give them. Fair enough.

I also got a few tips on how to deal with a couple of issues I have been having with the class. So, all in all it was a good (long) meeting, but one that was really helpful.

Then for the rest of the day, I did nothing but lounge around and read. It was glorious.

Later, at 9 I met Renee and Geoff at the Early Bird for dinner and White Russians. A wonderful Friday indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment