Sunday 4 July 2010

Nuns galore!

After the waterfall, on the way back to Taichung, we stopped in at a temple. I have been there before but it was great to go again. Especially because a nun showed us around. She took us into the nuns quarters and showed us various 'temple' rooms that they have for private prayer. It was amazing! I took a couple of sneaky shots. Also, in one area there was a very nice nun who gave us some kind of fruit. We have no idea what it was but it was delish!

There was also a gift shop of sorts. They had lots of posters and books and CD's that are for folks to take if they want. I took a poster, a scroll thingy and a notebook (it can be used to practice my Chinese characters). I never normally take anything more than a postcard from temples. The poster is amazing!

The first few pictures are of a room in the temple that was closed off last time I was there. It was stunning.














You can just about see Shaun taking a snooze on the steps. I thought this was a brilliant picture. A chap relaxing in such a beautiful place. The best place for relaxation.










A sneaky shot of the nun. She was shy and didn't want her picture taken. She was so nice. She also gave us cookies (well biscuits).


The nun 'workout' area. haha.


3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to visit outside of Taipei and really explore Taiwan. Great photos. =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many places in Taiwan that is worth adventuring to :D You'll have a fabulous time seeing them all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. My husband is from Taiwan. I have the best source for this. xD

    ReplyDelete