Monday 26 July 2010

Nantou Annual Gods Celebration

When I got back from Chunghua and was getting ready for work, there was a hell of a racket outside. Some kind of parade was going on. I took a couple of pics. There were dancers, they were so good! Pretty too :) I found out that the whole weekend was a celebration for the Gods of Nantou. There was also a night market that stretched the whole street in front of the main temple. I checked it out after work with Minerva and Melody. It provided me the opportunity, via encouragement from my two good friends, to try stinky tofu. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Though I wouldn't eat too much of it, as the taste builds.



The God of Nantou.


Some pics of the night market.

Draw a lot and win a puppet :)




A guy who fixes your 'unlucky' freckles or moles.


Stinky tofu stand.


Minerva and me.


Me eating the stinky tofu. Haha, Melody's look of disbelief.


No comments:

Post a Comment