Sunday 18 July 2010

Far away friends

My great friend Chien has been back in Taiwan for a week and she planned to meet up with folks in Chunghua Saturday night. I scooted there later on in the evening. It was so nice to catch up with her and everyone else :D

We ended up at a 'party', I thought it would be in some field or area near the big Buddha, turned out to be someones house party. A subdued one, required by the time and neighbourhood. I met a couple of new folks there and had a good relaxing time. We got in rather late...about 5am. So I got to bed about 6am.

I stayed at Noel and Nicole's with Chien. In the morning their dad made Wun Dun soup. Soup with dumplings, it was so tasty! It was really cool to be in a real Taiwanese house. Sounds odd to say but it's true. Most people I know here are foreigners and live in places that would normally house a large family.

After that we had some girly shopping time on yellow brick road (a shopping street dubbed that because the path is yellow). Then we had an early dinner at Tea works. I had the best fruit tea i've ever had. Yum.

I scooted back to Nantou after that. It's nice to relax on a Sunday evening. Not having to drive back on a Monday morning from somewhere else. I'll be able to get a lot of work done in the morning, I have a LOT to do. I could also do with having an early night and getting a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment