Tuesday 9 March 2010

Scooter drama


This weekend was great! I met with friends and had a nice time. Though, driving back from ChangHua on Sunday evening was a drama and a half. My scooter had been running fine, until it randomly cut out. It had done that before on a drive to Puli with Zach and Renee but that time we had to let it cool and it was fine after that.

I even learned how to put oil in it myself, so I was rather happy. I know it was the right kind of oil as well. Oh well.

So I was driving along a stretch of road that is dark, with factories and fields either side of the road when it cut out. Luckily I was mostly towards the end. So I pushed it into the local town, which I supposed is classed as Caotun (草屯). I tried starting it a few times as I was walking along, hoping it was just that the engine had over-heated.

Alas, it did not work. So I got to the local 7-11, a local convenience store that is thankfully open 24hrs, and enlisted the help of the clerk. With my phrasebook in hand I explained that my scooter was broken (for lack of anything better to say) and that I needed a taxi to Nantou. The guy was great! He used his cell phone and called a taxi for me.

The taxi man charged me NT$500 for the ride! Bloomin cheek! I wasn't going to argue with him as I'd spent the best part of an hour pushing/tackling my scooter, so I was just happy to get home.

I asked co-workers how to get it retrieved and fixed and my workmate Richard is hopefully going to sort something out for me! Legend! I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment