Sunday 21 March 2010

Great dancing, yummy munchies and fleshpots

Funny sign that we saw on the way to the diner.


It was my good friend Chien's birthday yesterday, so to celebrate she organised for folks to go to Xaga nightclub in Tiger City (Taichung: 120, He Nan (Ho Nan) Road, section 3).

Tiger city is a shopping and entertainment mall. It has a sega section, a movie theatre, a place called Chilli's and a place called Ireland's Potato as well as many other things. Glorious. Xaga nightclub is in the basement level. When you walk to the entrance of the mall go to the right, when you see Ireland's Potato on a lower level, go down those stairs. A very serious looking chap will be there in a black suit. The bouncers are all young but very professional.

You can book private seating areas, otherwise you have to stand. For NT$7000 you can book a space for ten people, but obviously you can squeeze more in. That price includes some drinks (Chien got two bottles of whisky, some beer and mixing soda).

It was a great place. The dance floor was lit underfoot, which was cool. And there was come kind of cat walk like thing in the middle to dance on but the weird thing was that only women are allowed to dance on it. My friend Anthony got on it, lol, he was enjoying himself dancing away until a bouncer came over and took him off. lol. It was great fun dancing on it (I did many times over the course of the evening). Though it was rather strange.

I stayed at my friends Renee and Geoff's place. Today we walked to the Early Bird Diner (American style place: 150, ZhongMing South Road Hours: 7 am-5 pm. Closed Mondays. No Service Charge) and had food. Then hung out a little while, then Zach gave me a ride to the train station where I walked to get a bus back to Nantou. Yep, i'm back to public transport. My scooter would not work yesterday, the engine wouldn't even turn over. I'll have to get that sorted sometime soon.

Early Bird Diner


Upon my return to Nantou I grabbed some food on my way home. I then went to a store for a couple of essentials and spoke to a guy there. He was really nice, I think he was a manager of the store.
Yummy Barbecue- Chicken (buts I think) and some kind of bacon like stuff with spring onion inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment