Sunday 6 June 2010

Goodbye lunch in Caotun and Adventuring in Jiji

On Sunday I went to lunch in a great restaurant with some work mates to mark Molly's leaving. She finished working with HESS because she's going off to America to study in California. Good for her! I think she is going to do an MBA.

After that, Molly, Melody, Minerva and I went to Jiji 集集 to hang out. It's not far from Nantou by car. It was great! I had so much fun. It was such a great day. After that I went to Chunghua for the evening. (Saturday evening was spent cleaning my apartment...it was desperately needing it).

Minerva, Me, Melody, Paggy, Molly, Anne, Ian and little Owen.


The table was a tree :D With a glass table top. So cool!




Awesome staircase




We went to Jiji and rented scooter/bikes.


Minerva drove/peddled for a wee while then I took over. It was great fun. So nice to 'drive' again.


Argh! Thomas coming out of the side of a building.








The artist who wanted to draw my portrait. He wanted me to be a model. lol. It's amazing that i'm classed as being beautiful just because i'm a foreigner.









A temple that collapsed in the ChiChi earthquake, Sep 1999.








The new temple being constructed.




This is a very old tree. You can see a small structure, this is a temple. When a tree gets to a certain age...perhaps a hundred years or so (I can't remember the exact age) it is believed that gods reside in the tree because it has been around for so long.


Melody and Molly on one of the scooter/bicycles :) Two to one. I had to get the hang of balancing pretty well. I've never driven or ridden anything with anyone on the back before. It was funny.








Molly, Minerva and I




An ice cream stall.


Wǒ shì niú: I am a cow :D



No comments:

Post a Comment