Tuesday 15 June 2010

Football Madness

At the weekend I stayed with Renee and Geoff in Taichung. It was so much fun, even though it rained most of the time. On Saturday evening we had tacos for dinner. Yum. Then chilled out and headed to the Londoner (a bar) to watch the England v US game.

Oh my goodness me. It was an interesting experience. I never thought i'd get into a football game, but I did. Though I think it was mostly in reaction to a very loud mouthed American lass who was sat next to me. She was so foul mouthed it was unbelievable. It made me quite angry, so I was happy that England scored in the first five minutes, it was a shame that they didn't score more.

In fact towards the end there were a few foul mouthed Americans. Oh it made me so mad that people were like that. In fact it gave me an insight into how easily things can turn violent. I can understand a little more that if people care so much for the game and the outcome that they can be so rude and that will p**s off other folks, with the aid of alcohol I can imagine things getting nasty. As it often does.

I still think folks shouldn't care so much over a game. But such is life.

On Sunday we relaxed and didn't do much. It was raining pretty much all day but we made it out for dinner to Gordon Birsh (I don't know how to spell that) and met Matt, Lynn and Zach. It was nice chilling with good friends and having a laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment