Tuesday 23 February 2010

There and Back Again

I have returned after my visit home. It was amazing. It felt like a long time, but it also flew by. As is the nature of any vacation.

The first few days were spent relaxing and enjoying the company of my family without thinking of going out or doing anything. On the Thursday my nephew and I went for a glorious walk up East Lomond Hill. It was quite muddy in areas and there was snow in some parts. It was great, even though it was cold. The views were amazing. Photographs will follow soon. He fell over and I laughed my a** off. haha. Then of course I fell over. haha. It was so funny. We were both so mucky. When we made it into Falkland I popped into the local store to visit my wonderful friend June. It was a brief hello because I knew i'd see her again. Then we went to a local pub and got some grub. I purchased scampi and chips, yum! Matt got a burger that he didn't really enjoy, so to make up for that I got him a slice of chocolate cake.

On Friday I took the bus to St Andrews. I visited many good friends. It was wonderful. My friend Andrew is part of a saxophone quartet, they had a free lunchtime performance, so I went along to watch. It was fantastic! It was so much fun being back and hanging out with everyone. I stayed the night with Penny. Jen was very generous and let me sleep in her huge comfortable bed whilst she stayed elsewhere.

I returned home on Saturday morning. My sister had organised an evening in Freuchie to have a few drinks and a catch-up with my Freuchie friends. That was also great fun! It was nice to relax over a glass of wine.

Sunday was family Sunday lunch, which I always enjoy and miss greatly!
I also headed through to St Andrews again, I was collected by close friends and dropped off the next day.

I don't recall going anywhere on the remaining days. Though I did have a lovely catch-up with June over a cuppa at her place on Tuesday. My wonderful friend Matt stayed and drove me to the airport on Wednesday morning.





East Lomond Hill.


A view from East Lomond of Freuchie Village.




West Lomond Hill.




View of the Firth of the Forth.








Falkland Palace in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment