Monday 8 February 2010

Hours and hours of flying...

I decided to visit home a couple of weeks ago. My boss gave me an extra week off work before the official vacation time given at Chinese New Year. So here I sit in my living room at home in good, cold, Freuchie (in Scotland).

I left my apartment in Nantou at 11am on Saturday. I arrived in Freuchie some time past 12pm on Sunday morning. I had travelled for about 34 hours. I managed it. There was a moment on the long haul flight where I wanted to scream, but all was ok.

I was in the middle seat, the guy on the aisle seat slept the whole way and breathed on me the whole time...with not exactly the freshest breath. So it was not a great experience. I'm going to try and get an aisle seat next time. I hardly sleep and it would be nice to be able to get up and walk around. I was in a lot of pain yesterday and still a little today from being sat down for so long. I walked around and stretched as much as I could. But I need to do that a lot more.

I arrived home and my mum got the shock of her life. It took her a few moments to realise it was me at the door. haha. I was here in time for Sunday lunch. So my first day back I got to see my Grandad and auntie, which was really nice.

I'm certainly not looking forward to the return trip. But my return flight is next Thursday. I will arrive back in Taiwan on the Friday, so it will give me plenty of time to sleep and recover from the long trip.

Some views of the descent to Edinburgh.


Scotland through the clouds.




Between cloud layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment