Tuesday 28 February 2012

Taroko Gorge

It was a stunning place but not one to be taken lightly. If you go and you drive a scooter you will need:

• A kick ass med kit, paracetomol will not do. Take stronger painkillers just in case.

• A fully charged cell phone, with credit. My first evening I got lost and had no credit to call my group. Oops.

• A good torch (flashlight)

• Sturdy shoes for driving. A decent pair of Reef sandals saved my ankle when I crashed. Wearing flip flops will tear your foot up.

• Warm clothes, if you are staying in the gorge it gets dark and chilly quickly.

• A camera, tis a beautiful place!

Whenever you see a gas station stop to top up as you never know when the next one will be along.

Enjoy the views, it is a truly stunning place but rockslides are a very real danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment