Sunday 1 August 2010

Temples in Caotun Part 2

I spent a while trying to find the 'gourd' temple. A temple in the shape of a gourd. I was driving around and spotted the flags. If in doubt follow the flags. They usually lead to a temple.

I was walking around the temple area and a couple of different people tried to talk to me. I ended up talking to a gent who is a police officer. An older man. I ended up spending a couple of hours drinking tea with a group. That's why there aren't as many photo's as there would be. It was beautiful there with a lot more stuff than my pictures show. Also there was a large tree behind the temple. It is one revered because it is so old.

There was a woman I spoke to mostly, with the aid of my dictionary on my cell phone. lol. As they didn't know English. I couldn't work out if she was the wife or sister of the police man. But I figured brother because he was trying to get us to be 'friends', something which i'm always dubious about here because that usually means something else. He was trying to get me to agree to go to KTV with him. Quite dodgy. But on the whole people here are just friendly. I have to admit to having lied and said I had a boyfriend. Bad of me, but was for security.

I had a great time. It was awesome watching the process of making the tea and then the order of who it was served to. If you are served first you are the most important guest. To start with it was the police man. Then my tea would be poured first because I was a guest.



A family plot.


The sign to follow to get to the 'gours' temple.


A big temple you can see from the gourd temple. The original one I wanted to go and see that I can see from the road. I eneded up finding the other one first. One to try and check out before I move to Taichung.












Taichung in the distance.




Inside the 'hat'


No comments:

Post a Comment