Sunday 28 August 2011

Nanmadol

Currently there is a Typhoon moving it's way across Taiwan. Actually, I believe it has just been downgraded to a Tropical Storm. I got a text this morning from my boss to say we have no classes today. In some Counties the government has called for schools to be closed for today. I can't find any such thing for Taichung (the city I live in on the West Coast) online. The storm should reach this part of the Island later in the evening. It's nearly 13:30 here and it is only a little windy. I did a bit of food shopping this morning to make sure I had supplies in.

Here are a few pictures of the storm so far.

Nanmadol is the storm on the left. On the right is Talas, a large Tropical Storm bound for Japan (exptected to make landfall on Friday) that is predicted to be upgraded to Typhoon status.


I live in an area where it is white here, as we haven't had any rain thusfar.





No comments:

Post a Comment