Wednesday 22 September 2010

Basianshan National Forest Recreational Area

Geoff, Renee and I went to Basianshan National Forest Recreational Area (八仙山森林遊樂區)What a mouth full. haha. We drove for a long, long time on the road to Guguan. We drove on the road that takes you through the mountains. A couple of years ago there was a big mud slide so the road is closed past Guguan. If you continue on the road you can get to the other side of the Island. It's the cross Island Highway (though it's not much of a highway- or maybe that is a different road).

Here is a link for the government website:
http://www1.forest.gov.tw/RA_En_JP/0300002/RA_EN-01.htm

It was beautiful there. It was a shame, when we left Taichung it was so sunny and warm, then as we get closer to the park it started to rain. And it rained for a long time. So we ended up soaked. It was still beautiful.

It was amazing scenery when driving, and the park itself was, wow!
There was moss! I saw moss in Taiwan :D I was so giddy when I saw it, it was actually quite sad. haha. Here are a couple of pictures...





















It's a Taiwanese Treebeard. haha.




A pretty pic methinks. Before we were walking around a lady gave us two umbrellas. It was so nice of her. I still have the one given to me. Saved me from having to buy one...my last umbrella broke.

No comments:

Post a Comment