Tuesday 17 November 2009

Chung Tai Chan Monastery

Zach, Renee and myself went for our mini-adventure on Sunday. First was an equally mini-adventure trying to get oil for my scooter. I went to one mechanic, which was closed, but recommended by a fellow English teacher.

The second I went to, the folks didn't seem able to understand what I wanted. They kept trying to say it was the fuel that needed refilled. But we managed to get there in the end, after me getting a lecture in Chinese about how I shouldn't let it get that bad again. haha. It's amazing what you can understand from hand gestures and tone :)

Then we set off. We did one circuit around Caotun and Nantou...mainly becuase I wasn't sure where we were going. Second time lucky, drive through Caotun and then head on the road to Gaosing. Finally we saw a sign to Puli in Caotun.

The drive there was stunning! Cruising through the mountains was trully spectacular. I wish I wasn't driving. Next time, i'll stop along the way to take lots of pictures :)


The rear view of the Monastery



Three Buddha's, zoomed view of back wall of Monastery


Main entrance


The Buddha that greats you as you enter


The Hall of the Four Heavenly Kings





The Great Majestic Hall


A couple of close-ups of the Buddhas








We didn't manage to look around the whole monastery, it was so big! So we will be venturing back there again some time.


No comments:

Post a Comment