Tuesday 6 April 2010

A hobbits tale...

This past weekend was brilliant! First I met with Zach in ChangHua then we headed through to Taichung to meet Renee and Geoff. We went to a place for dinner and then relaxed with watching movies.

Sunday was a whole day dedicated to Lord of the Rings with breaks for American style food (not all of it was). I will include some pictures of the strange things Geoff (a fellow Brit) and I endured. Lol. It wasn't that bad. I quite liked the biscuits and gravy....wait until you see the pictures. They are what can best be described as scones with a bacon creamy sauce. Sounds awful to British ears who only know of Jam and clotted cream with such bakeries, but once you get over the initial 'What on earth is that?' it is rather nice.

Monday was spent not doing much. We went to the art museum in Taichung. Unfortunately we didn't have time to go round it all, so I will definitely put in another visit. There was of course some weird stuff but also some great pieces as well. Then we watched Clash of the Titans, not something I would go and see again. Once was enough. lol.

Edit: Here are a couple of pictures.

Biscuits


Some left over 'gravy'


Biscuits and gravy


Yummy pie I got on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment