Thursday 5 April 2012

Life Drawing Class

A chap I know volunteered to pose for Jon's new piece. He also consented for me to sit in.

Jon said he would teach me how to do life drawing, so yesterday was my first time.

I am really thankful to both of them for giving me the opportunity to learn! Jon is a great teacher. I learned a lot and I have a lot of practicing to do.

I thought I would feel uncomfortable or awkward during the sitting. After all, there is a nude man posing and I am not accustomed to drawing naked men. However, when drawing it is mechanical. After a minute or so, I no longer noticed the person. He became an object, like anything else I would draw. It's amazing the shift that happens in the brain.

I had to have some kind of picture for this post, it is not mine. It is a random picture pulled from google.

No comments:

Post a Comment