Sunday 4 March 2012

Ponderings

I have a marvellous friend who will be leaving in August. I will miss her! With her impending departure she has given me a lot to think about. You may decry me as exaggerating her countdown, but a mere 5/6 months will indeed fly by.

This naturally leads me to ponder my own time here in Taiwan and wonder how long I will stay. It is an easy life here compared to living in the UK. However there will always be the same issues wherever I live. Though I do believe Italian would be easier to learn than mandarin.

Sometimes I find the cultural differences at work too much. I just need to relax about that and not take my job so seriously. I could also change companies. I think I am scared to settle, I don't want to be here just because it is the easy option.

No comments:

Post a Comment